Much ado about whims and fancies.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November = Thank You Month

I knew Fall had some good things in store for me...



This past weekend, my best friend from Baltimore was in town! We ate delicious food (insert swoon for d bar's macaroni and cheese! and double swoon for their chocolate cake!), got massages, ran around in the park, played some boardgames, and watched plenty of movies, of course. It was so lovely to just be in her presence again :) Granted, her visit was bittersweet as well. Back in the day, when we were in college and on holiday breaks, we used to spend an entire week visiting each other! But with so many miles between us now and full-time jobs on our plates, 2-3 day visits are all we've got. And though I'm thankful for any time we get to share, our visits just don't cut it like they used to. Much like how appetizers just whet one's palette, I want more!!! Not to mention, I was a little depressed after she left because the fact that we're all grown up now sank in even deeper. And so it goes, I guess...


Granted, late last night, when I took Bishop out to potty, I felt a moment of uplifting. I couldn't help staring up at the sky. It was so dark, pitch black really, with gray clouds slowly creeping across the sparkles of stars...



It was beautiful! And the smell of the air! Crisp yet smokey. I just stood still for a bit, breathing deeply, feeling so thankful for the moment--the sky, the air, Bishop, our home that was at that very moment shedding its warm light across the lawn like a beacon in the darkness--and was overwhelmed with gratitude for my very existence in this incredible world...

...which brings me to your dose of ooey-gooey and lovey-dovey for the day. I'd like to thank my husband A for all the housework he's been doing recently. With a couple months off, he's been killing time cleaning floors and doing laundry, and basically lightening my domestic load. And, and, and! We've been going on dates! Finally we've got time to, well, spend time together! It's been utterly fantastic! Granted, I'm realizing that even when people are busy and seemingly time-crunched, dates have to be a priority, for putting off "time together" till your schedules allow for it means just that--putting it off and putting it off till who knows when! And then where do you wind up? I will forever promote that couples make time to fall in love over and over and over again :)



Also, I've got another of my best friends, A from Chicago, visiting this weekend! Talk about always having things to look forward to, huh?! I'm entirely too blessed to have such good friends who spend the money and take the time to visit me. With plans to visit the art museum and Denver's Tattered Cover bookstore, I can't wait to get all girl-i-fied AND cultured! Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures (or perhaps that's something I could talk my award-winning photographer husband into???).

Last but not least, for all you seasonal-offering fans like myself, Starbucks is serving their Peppermint Mochas again! Fridays just got yummier :)

I hope y'all are enjoying November as much as I am. In the words of a gentleman I recently spoke to on the telephone, "Don't save the thanks for Thanksgiving Day. Make the entire month of November a series of 'thank yous'."

And so, many thanks and <3 to you, dear readers.

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post! It makes me smile... and thankful. I love nights like the one you described, all crisp and cool and dark. There's nothing quite like a night sky... and DATES! :)

    ReplyDelete