Much ado about whims and fancies.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Too High a Spirit


 fabulousfashions4sensiblestyle.blogspot.com

At the end of last year, I was feeling like a pooper. Sometime during 2011, I'd lost track of my mojo, my girl power, or to borrow a phrase from my father--my "stick-to-it-ive-ness." I realized that I hadn't tried to learn something new or to do something difficult in a long time. "No" had taken the place of "yes" in my vocabulary. I'd lost the ability to surprise myself. And I couldn't remember when or how I got to be so scared of a little challenge! I was disappointed in myself :(

I thought of talking to my girlfriends about it--my wicked smart, tackling the world face-forward, doing new and amazing things girlfriends--when suddenly it hit me! I had been siphoning their adventures, I had simply been living vicariously through their go-get-em lives, I was playing the part of an audience instead of participating. Which got me thinking...Why don't I have my own stories to tell? What's keeping me from having my own adventures?

ME!

And just like that, my attitude took a 180. I finally put 2 and 2 together (math has never been my strong suit)--I surround myself with amazing friends because I want to be amazing too! Why can't I be the sort of woman I admire? Why not?!



 4.bp.blogspot.com

Something dormant has been kicked into high gear, my friends. I've been feeling energized and capable. I've been dreaming, formulating goals, and even putting some if each into action. To borrow a term from the sports world, this year is gonna be a "rebuilding year" for me. I'm gonna challenge mysef...and SUCCEED!

 allwomenstalk.com

I'm gonna smile at myself for a change :)

I thank you beautiful people for helping me get to this point, and I wish you all an exciting year like the one I'm gonna have <3


 google.com.au


1 comment: