Much ado about whims and fancies.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday's Latest Jab

I dunno how one manages to get "blog block" exactly, but I've got it. So please pardon my waywardness, as I suspect this post to be all over the place :-/

I'm still in a bit of a funk about A's being M.I.A, you see.

BUT!

I am trying to refocus my attention on "productive" projects. Such as Spring cleaning! I've got a date with our garage this weekend. Not only is it filthy, but it has a ton of crap stored in it that we could really get rid of. Good Will, prepare to open your doors! Seriously, there are boxes out there holding mystery contents that I have not a clue about. What a dream it'd be, pulling into a spic-and-span (and organized!) garage, no?! I do so love things in their place :)

Also, I'm expecting a bunch of packages this week, as I finally used up the last of our wedding gift cards! I got some items that we've been meaning to buy--a fabric shower curtain...


and glass canisters...



All for our guest bathroom. Hopefully these minor additions will transform the bathroom into a wondrous potty-place for Anne and Brigid, who are staying with us in JUST A COUPLE WEEKS! Shall I install another mirror while I'm at it? Vain batches ;)

And I think I've been watching too much HGTV. Out of nowhere, I want to repaint our master bedroom and install a backsplash in our kitchen. I blame that frickin' show "Sarah's House." I COVET that farmhouse. It's quaint and yet grand, country and yet elegant. One-of-a-kind antiques! Fabrics I'd love to drape on every wall of my house! (Here's a link to the show's website where you can scroll through pictures of it: http://www.hgtv.ca/sarahshouse/theshow.aspx?sectionid=399&categoryid=7658825793774670227&postid=129001 ). Would printing out the above pics and going room by room in our house, redecorating to match, be going too far? Naaahhh...

So anywho, you see where my head's been at...

It's just that I've been feeling like such a big baby these days, missing A like I do. So I wanna undertake some projects and do stuff on my own (like repaint our fireside bench and living room end table) just to feel like a grown-up. I can't always have a babysitter who plans activities to keep me occupied and happy. I've gotta be happy on my own. After all, this is just the beginning of the rest of our lives. I've gotta prove myself capable and soon!

And so begins the show "Erin's House." Before and after pics of our garage? You got it.

What do you all do to keep yourselves company? Favorite Spring-time projects?

2 comments:

  1. I should do more "productive" projects, but I've never really had the motivation because our current house is not a "forever" house. In fact, it's soon to be NOT our house. It's adorable and I love it and I'll miss it like crazy because it is our first home, but... no motivation. Sadly.

    SO -- when I'm alone I tend to watch girlie movies that Hub won't watch with me. And I play loud music and make loud music on my guitar and keyboard, especially since I've been taking a piano class. I pretty much do all the things that I normally avoid because they annoy Hubs. LOL! So you can see why I don't mind when he's gone occasionally... even though I miss him like crazy! :) Isn't love wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... You MUST post pictures and maybe even some video of your "remodel." :) I want to watch "Erin's House."

    ReplyDelete