Much ado about whims and fancies.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Polka Dots On My Heart


Once again, pray excuse my long absence!
I'm getting to be a Sorry Sally, aren't I? 
I tell ya, life's got me in a tizzy lately...

A and I just got back from our friend's wedding in Ohio...



Isn't she a dream?!

The wedding was so wonderfully personal.
So many details that spoke to the couple's taste and personality,
like polka dot bridesmaid dresses...



...button flowers...



...CD mixes and pinwheels
and a live band that played golden oldies!

To borrow a cliche, it was a wedding to remember :)

Thing is, I tend to fall in love with the differences in people.
I believe that it's the variety of one's friends
that makes our lives exciting.
Take for example our friends the Hetts...



Between a multi-hour car ride, a shared hotel room,
and the wedding events themselves,
we spent a lot of time with them this weekend.
And it was FUN!
Counting the Bob Evans diners,
saying "frickin" every other word,
looking like 80 year-old-women in pashminas,
making late night beer/chip runs
 and/or Taco Bell excursions...
these are the memories they left us with ;)



And right there is the crux of it all--
everyone leaves us with different memories,
personalized memories,
and though we oftentimes 
take our friends and loved ones for granted,
events like this weekend's remind us, me, not to.
This weekend I spent time with such good people,
that it was impossible for me
not to fall in love with them all over again.
All weekend I thanked my lucky stars for
these funny, happy, loving, DEAR people, 
and vowed, from here on out,
to spend every moment I could with them.
Because they are my good examples.
They make make me wanna be better.

<3


P.S. A parting image for y'all...
Yesterday,
driving home from work,
a long yellow leaf caught on my car's antenna.
I was proudly flying Fall's flag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment