Much ado about whims and fancies.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This Is Gonna Be Good

Not gonna lie, October has some good things in store for me...

One, it brings my favorite kind of weather--Chilly mornings. That dewy smell. FOG. That bright, stark sunlight in a pale blue sky.



*SIGH*

It's also the month that my husband A is gonna rock his medical board exam. FINALLY! You go, boy!

AND, my dear high school friend is getting marriedddddd (said like the little girl in Father of the Bride). I'm gonna be upfront and admit that I'm a huge sap when it comes to weddings. I. LOVE. THEM. I love how everyone's in a joyful mood. I love how everyone looks! (Eye candy!) I love the music, the readings, the hugs, the kisses, the tears of happiness! And I appreciate how weddings remind me of all the love and happiness in my own life, too...

...speaking of which...it's about time I thank Mr. Higher Up, don't you think? Give him a nod for all the blessings to come :)

What does October have in store for YOU?

P.S. My best friend recently offered me some fabulous music advice. My blog's new background music? It's called "Free" by the Zac Brown Band. Liked it from the get-go but love it more every time I listen to it. Do yourself a favor--buy it, and then set it to replay. And THEN tell me some more good songs to buy. PLEASE.

P.P.S. It'll be Halloween in a few weeks. You all dressing up? Any non-slutty suggestions on what a redhead could be? I've been toying with the idea of dressing up like that crackhead Lindsay Lohan...



...the 12 year old version of her, of course! Questions? Thoughts? Concerns? I'm sure there are many, haha! The real question is, what are YOU being for Halloween?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh so many questions! I love interactive posts. :)
    1) I LUV October too! The cool, crisp air. The fog. Dreamy! And pumpkins! I [heart] pumpkins big time! But October also means my Hubs will be gone hunting nearly every weekend. I usually go with him once or twice for modern gun season, but the rest of the season I spend many weekends alone. In a way, I hate it. And in another way, I'm thankful we have time to miss each other. You know? It's good to be missed because then you know you're loved and appreciated.
    2) Great song! I love the Zac Brown Band, and their song "Chicken Fried" too. If you want something new, have you heard "Lucky" by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz?
    3) I honestly have no idea what we'll do for Hallween or what I'll dress as. The funny thing is that I can totally picture you as the 12-year-old Lindsey. LOL! You both have those adorable freckles and red hair! So cute! :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, girlfriend, i love me that jason mraz. actually, a good friend of my husband's had that "lucky" song played at his wedding. so precious :)

    and while i may eerily resemble a 12 year old lindsay lohan, you DO look like kristen stewart! not too shabby, i'd say!

    ReplyDelete