Much ado about whims and fancies.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Love me some o' dat.

It's February, folks! The month that entertains Valentine's Day, the holiday of love.

Though these subarctic temperatures are threatening to turn my soul into ice, I've retained a few warm, lovey-dovey feelings and figured I should share them before they're freezed out for good.

<3

I know that I've posted love lists before, but I was recently reinspired by THIS beautifully textured "Love Fest".

1. A really good book.
2. Atypical nail polish colors (orange, light blue, purple).
3. Ted Kooser's poetry--

"Clouds to the west, clear in the east.

Older this morning, the moon,
hid most of her face behind a round gray mirror.

In a half-hour's walk, I saw
six shooting stars. Celestial notes,
I thought, struck from the high end
of the keyboard."

4. Oatmeal banana pancakes.
5. Bedtime.
6. An interesting point of view or observation.
7. Coffee, coffee, coffee.
8. Bishop's howl.
9. Clean stacks of folded laundry.
10. Dipping bread in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
11. Pink.
12. Unexpected compliments.

"Your hair-clip inspires me!"

13. When Bishop nuzzles his head into my lap.
14. Billowy tops.
15. Coloring books.
16. Beautiful candy.


http://pinkconfetti.tumblr.com/

http://thipham.tumblr.com/

http://carleighfrohlich.blogspot.com/

http://iheart-stolenimages.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-12-28T18:26:00 08:00

17. Elastic-waisted pants.
18. Dog-earing pages in magazines (looking to buy doesn't hurt, right?)
19. A stocked fridge.
20. Cupcake wine.
21. Feeling beautiful.
22. Bishop in a sweater.
23. Letterpressed paper products.


http://ffffound.com/image/617dfe8b054a0a7fe7e531aad50256a6c9bbc00b

24. Long necklaces.
25. Roasted, salted pumpkin seeds.
26. Winery / brewery tours.
27. Sushi.

...and counting.

Now look in the depths of your hearts and tell me some of your loves!

3 comments:

  1. Well for starters I would love to see a recent pic of Bishop. I can only imagine how much he has grown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, we are thrilled we made your Top 20 things you love! We love the California Coast, but we also love traveling the world. We love watching the vineyards go through their life cycles every year, and we LOVE to enjoy a glass of wine with our friends! Cheers from Cupcake Vineyards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a list, just off the top of my noggin!

    1. The scent of a freshly mowed lawn in the summer
    2. The burn in my legs after a good run
    3. Laughing to the point of knots in your stomach
    4. A cold swimming pool on a hot day
    5. The hum of laundry rumbling in the dryer
    6. Blue Moon with an orange slice
    7. The tickle of my dog's kisses on my cheek
    8. Giving someone a hug, and really meaning it
    9. Sunday's at the movies with my parents
    10. Working on projects with my dad - always brings us closer
    11. Tobasco - on everything
    12. Driving with the windows down
    13. Shoulder massages
    14. Board games on Christmas morning
    15. A fresh haircut
    16. The aroma of ink and buzzing sound in my tattoo parlor - still gives me a sense of happiness and personal belonging when I'm in there
    17. A recently vacuumed carpet
    18. Unexpected phone calls from old college friends
    19. Sonic breakfast burritos
    20. The Rocky Mountains

    ReplyDelete