Much ado about whims and fancies.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Someday, please.

In honor of my antsy-pants friend M,
who I admire for tackling DIY home improvement projects,
and in lust after the 1920s house A's uncles just bought,
here are some more hopes for my dream home...


French doors between rooms... 
image from masonite.com




















High wainscotting...

http://www.carolinabuildingservices.smugmug.com/Photography/Wainscoting-Paneling/4626224_EiqzW#273016494_iUVKu-M-LB



A chandelier...

abeautifuldifference.com





















A turet...

rcaa.org





















A picture window with a view...
hometownexteriordesigns.com


An extravagant floor-length mirror...
exclusivemirrors.co.uk


Reclaimed barn wood floors...
furniturehomedesign.com


A huge sheepskin rug...

http://www.chichesterinc.com/images/7-8PC-W2Lg.JPEG

















A formica table...
1950satomicranchhouse.blogspot.com

Farmhouse sink...

micheleomega.typepad.com





















Now tell me what YOU see in your dream home :-D

2 comments:

  1. I love it!

    I'd throw in:
    - A living room without a TV
    - A built in shelving around an oversized fireplace
    - A wrapping room (yep - an entire, well organized, room for delicately wrapping treasures for others...and storing all those "i'm not sure who I am going to give this to just yet, but I know I have to get it for someone" gifts)
    - A row of hooks with little boot cubbies for all the wet clothes that come through the back door after making snowmen
    - And a well-worn-in rocking chair.

    Just to name a few...

    ReplyDelete