Much ado about whims and fancies.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

LOOKVILLE

Get a load of this! I got an e-mail yesterday from LOOKVILLE.COM, asking me to join their network. LOOKVILLE is a site where people post about all things fashion--discussions about unexpected clothing combinations, thoughts on current trends, and pics of their daily outfits :) So, in honor of my new shindig, here's what I'm wearing today:

As if I could pose seriously...
But my skirt's cute, right?

I'm pretty frickin' touched LOOKVILLE thought to include me, cause it's obviously fun to talk about dresses and scarves and shoes and skirts and jewelery and purses and...well, you know the rest ;) But I'm also sitting here wondering, "What the hiznell do I know about fashion?" Apparently it was Farin' on the West Winds of Erin's style and content that interested LOOKVILLE in the first place, so I'm guessing that I'm expected to broaden the typical "fashionista" mind and post about how to be fashionable outside of just clothing. Like how to have a ridiculously cute cubicle, for example! Here are some pics of my newly "renovated" office space (which is still a work in progress, mind you). And please excuse the poor quality pics; they were taken with my cell phone :-/


Aren't clusters of picture frames the best?! Especially when mixing and matching shapes, sizes, and colors.


A Longerberger basket desk organizer!
Nothin' like a touch of country to make you feel at home :)


Alright, so I'm beating a dead horse with the brightly colored picture frame thing,
but ain't that tissue box presh?


A collage board full of all things HAPPY!
Mine includes pics of family and friends,
favorite cards I've received,
and my husband's artwork.
I've got my board hanging behind my computer screen so I can always see it :)


I cut these pics from last year's calendar. Aren't they artsy and inspiring?
They say things like "Every woman is a rebel,"
"Dwell in possibility,"
"Love who you are,"
and
"Thank God we aren't the only freaks."
I <3 them.


Lastly, another cute little basket for Post-It notes and an adorable monogrammed notepad for messages.


I'm also hoping to make A print out some of his Napa Valley pics for my cubicle walls, invest in a pretty vase with fake flowers, and what are everyone's thoughts on a cute lil' table lamp? See, now that I've shared pics of my cute-i-fied cubicle, I want YOUR ideas on how to keep your work space fun and inspiring...Don't mind me if I steal them ;)

3 comments:

  1. I can't pose serious either. My husband teases me about it constantly. (Must be an Erin thing?)

    I LOVE your skirt! I think LOOKVILLE picked a good blogger for the job.

    And I'm totally jealous of your desk decor. I never bothered to decorate mine much because I didn't think I'd work here this long, and I still have high hopes that I can move on sooner than later. But you've inspired me to decorate in the future. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin--if you're spending somewhere in the ballpark of 40 hours a week in one space, you owe it to yourself to pleasant-ify your work area! One word: COLOR! Get em, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see that myself, brad, and my pookey Neila made your happy board. I am glad we make you happy. Know that IF i had said board (i did use to in college) you would definitely be on it.

    ReplyDelete