Much ado about whims and fancies.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Honeymooners Collaborate?


So, my fiance A and I are getting married this December and are going to Napa Valley for our honeymoon (Wine Wonderland, I know). And we may or may not have discussed a certain "art project" we'd like to undertake there. A PROJECT? How UNromantic, you say. Yes, well, we're nerds. What did you expect? Besides, this project won't take ALL DAY ;). And anyway, it's a pretty fantastic idea, as you'll read below, SO fantastic that I thought to share it (and perhaps urge some more collaborative projects among you budding artists out there? Hells yes)!

So here's the plan:
Because A is a naturally talented photographer and because I sometimes treat myself to the title of "creative writer," we are going to join forces and imaginatively document our travels! The idea is that A (or myself, too, I suppose...though I apologize in advance for my lack of "the eye") will take photos of the wintered vineyards, say, or the glass of red wine in my wedding-ringed hand, or our disheveled bed in the morning sunlight ;) (the photographic possibilities are endless really...), which will hopefully inspire A and I to write something regarding the picture, brought to mind by the picture, you get the idea. Then, with the photos and "creative blurbs" we've written, we're going to create a little diddy we like to call a "picto-journal-coffee-table-masterpiece." Just kidding, we don't have a name for the project yet (and we could do better than THAT! Psh! Er...feel free to pass along any title ideas you have). So yeah, there ya have it. What do you think? I know, I know, I know, you're worried it might turn into some lovely-dovey diary/photo album... Well, worry no more, because we intend to create a piece of artwork. And with all the love and admiration we've already got going between the two of us, a sexy, awe-inspiring landscape + bottles and bottles of deliciously guzzle-able wine HAS to equal a precious AND beautiful end product. Cant' wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment