Much ado about whims and fancies.

Friday, December 4, 2009

A little wine, a little Punkin' Chunkin, a little dirt, and the gloriousness that is Michael Buble's Christmas album.



Does anyone else have a hell of a time getting pumped to clean house?

Last night was D-Day for A and I. There were fuzzy sweater hairballs lining the floorboards, stacks of mail strewn across the kitchen table, and general thingamajigs and whatnots cluttering up the place. It was time to clean. But not right away. Oh not yet. Not until A and I turned on the fireplace, cracked open a bottle of wine, swaddled ourselves in blankets on the couch, and watched the hour-long finales of both Punkin' Chunkin' and Fast Forward (Which, by the way, I was not 100% impressed with. Since when did Olivia Benford warm up to Lloyd Simcoe? Boo). But even 2 hours later, full on TV and booze, A and I couldn't bring ourselves to clean. We scoped out the filth from our toasty perch on the couch. From where I was sitting, I could see the heater blowing fallen sparklies from our Christmas ornaments across the floor. A pointed out how he couldn't put his feet on the coffee table as it was covered with his school books, notebooks, newspapers, markers, and MORE mail. We moaned and BEMOANED, as our situation was really dreadful, you see. It was too much! Our dirty house was too much to clean. It'd be too hard! We couldn't do it all! No way we could possibly...And then it hit me! Michael Buble's Christmas album Let It Snow! Maybe, just maybe if we put on some fabulous Christmas tunes, we could do this thing! Maybe if we sang along to his rendition of Amy Grant's "Grown-Up Christmas List," we could make something pretty of our place again. And so I got up from the couch, tip-toed across the lint-littered floor, and popped the CD in the stereo. Ba-da-BA tooted the horns! "The weather outside is frightful! But the fire is so delightful!" sang Michael Buble! And so the vacuum came out of the closet! The broom came out of the pantry! The 409 danced itself across the counters, the tiles, the toilets! It was a scene out of Beauty and the Beast, I tell you what. Both beautiful AND beastly. But we did it! Our house is officially PRESENTable again! And that's our Christmas gift to YOU!

Daily Dose of Dillies: Banana Nut Cheerios

I suppose you have to like bananas to like these (Bananas are my favoritest fruit EVER! Num, num, nummy), but they are FABULOUS! Darker, crunchier, and more perfectly round than their Cheerio counterparts, these bad boys are flavorful enough that their banana, nutty sweetness shines through when mixed with other cereals. A breakfast delight, I tell you! Like my Mama done gone and baked me a banana bread in a bowl for breakfast! Try them, please. And love them dearly like I do. Tangent--I still can't figure this out. So, a single Cheerio is a Cheerio, but is a single Kix a Kix? Or a Kick? A Smack is a singular Smacks, but is a Chex a singular Chex? Or a Check? I'm so confused. The cereal companies should really take to explaining their namesakes on the backs of the boxes, don't you think? Maybe I'd read them then. Riveting reading, for sure. Cause the little "Find all the hidden marshmallows" on the back of the Marshmallow Treasures box ain't cutting it these days. Even if I was half-blind, I could find all 7. That's beside the point though...BANANA CHEERIOS ARE THE POINT! Go get em. "Go on! Git!" (<--If you can name that movie, I'll send you a box of em, myself).

P.S. HAVE THE HAPPIEST WEEKEND, READERS! I <3 YOU.

* image from http://summamamas.stblogs.org/ Let's pretend there's a man in those pics, shall we?

1 comment: