Much ado about whims and fancies.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Decemberama, Mama! The Season of Light!



NOTE: It's my greedy and gripey friend A's fault that I wrote today :-P
ASIDE-NOTE: A's actually a very giving and happy person (And I'm happy to have readers who are up-to-date with my blog and want more! As Britney would say (and no, not "It's Britney, bitch.")--Gimme gimme more! Gimme more! Gimme gimme more! What more could I wish for?).

It's the 1st of December, people! Am I the only one who's left standing back dumbfoundedly like "Whaaaaaaaa?" I am flabbergasted it's the last month of 2009! Tangent--Isn't flabbergasted maybe one of the best words in this world? Urbandictionary.com claims some variances of the word are: flabbergas--"the piece of skin hanging down from someone's throat;" to flabbergas--"the motion your ass cheeks make when you rip a huge one;" and flabber--"a person who is such a boob at something that they should not do it at all." I'm not sure if the variances make me like the word more or less. Granted, I will replace my standard "dunce" or "dope" with "boob," which should be funny :) Back FROM the tangent--How does everyone else feel about the end of yet another year? Does anyone else get introspective about the whole thing? Seriously, it's like the minute December hits, I start reminiscing, going over events and emotions in my head, trying to form a solid picture of the past year. Back TO the tangent--Has anyone checked out the blog "L'Image Quotidienne"? This woman, Mercedes McAndrew, has taken a portrait picture of a stranger every day for the past year (Incredibly brilliant, I know). Here's the link to her project's blog: http://limagequotidienne.blogspot.com/2009/11/portraits-365-234.html  Not only do her diverse and stunning pictures make me see and really appreciate the beauty of humanity, but I love the little quip she asks each stranger to fill in--"2009 is __________." As if it's possible to sum up an entire year in a sentence! Though I'll admit I've been doing nothing BUT summing lately. My best attempts are: 2009 is a passage from one phase to another--a growth, a becoming, perhaps even a becoming growth! (<--I know, I know, I cheated on that one...that was technically 4 sentences). 2009 is a year of blessings and personal prosperity! 2009 is a whirlwind of happenings and happiness :)

What do you have to say about your 2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment