Much ado about whims and fancies.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

BLOG CARNIVAL! (Finally, huh?)


"If my heart was a compass, you'd be North..."
--Owl City


(Again, if you could find it in your heart to forgive me for this delayed Blog Carnival entry :-/ )


First! A preface! (That was redundant).

When doing some thinking about this vision board Blog Carnival, I was feeling less than inspired. Perhaps because my present is bursting-at-the-seams busy, I couldn't seem to think a single thought about my future. But rather than suck it up and face the fight, I decided to take this Blog Carnival a different, though related, direction...

I stole an idea from the blog in His Grace! (I bet you're all beginning to wonder if I can come up with a creative post on my own (HINT: on rare occasions!)). No matter! Despite it being borrowed, I hope you enjoy my "vision."

***

Recently I've been a little stir-crazy and antsy to change things up. One way I've satisfied my busy-body-ness is rearranging and sprucifying our house.

But besides a fresh new look, I got something else from all the moving and shifting...

While making various superficial changes around our house--moving a chair, getting new bedding, repainting walls, hanging shelves, switching the pictures in frames, etc, etc--I found myself on the verge of some grand realization. As I fiddle-farted with each project, I waited for the tiny thought bubbles to rise, rise, rise to the surface and then BURST!

Aha!

Piddling around the house, it came to me...Our house is BEAUTIFUL.

Not because of its appearance or exterior or anything like that (though I do think it's beautiful in that sense, too), but because we live beautiful lives that are so rich and full that we can't help but spill that happiness onto our surroundings. We exude what we feel onto the world outside our bodies. We see what we think. All our blessings and love and all those other, ever-present though intangible wonders shine through in our space, making our home a physical manifestation of the beauty of our lives. And THAT--this making real of the unseen inner--is what I want from every day of my life.
 
Therefore, I thought that nothing could portray my hopes for my future better than our home. SO! Without further adieu, what I hope Future Me has the pleasure to see and be...





















<3


Do you all see the fullness of your lives reflected in your home, too???

P.S. A snippet from one of my favorite blogs, Ithaka, regarding the current change of seasons:

"Summer is drawing to an end. It's been cool and rainy. On some trees, the leaves are beginning to change and the air is taking on that smell which says Autumn is just around the corner. I love this time of year, partly because it's pretty, and partly because of the memories of Fall when I was a kid. Nobody likes to go back to school, but for me there was always anticipation. Something new was about to start, and I could feel the possibilities spread out before me just waiting to be explored. Autumn always smells to me of potential and nostalgia."

P.P.S. My birthday was yesterday, which is pretty good timing, if you don't mind my saying so, for this post marks 100 for Farin on the West Winds of Erin! As for me, I've officially lived 26 magnificent years :) May all the leaves changing color burn brightly in celebration!


Now go check out the other Blog Carnival participants' "visions!"

3 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home! Everything is so lovely and whimsical - (I think that's the word I'm looking for...) It makes me want to redecorate too.

    Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And HAPPY 100!! You have so much to celebrate! Hope it is all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! Your home is a jewel! It looks very reflective of YOU, which I'm sure makes it feel very cozy and peaceful. Made me look around my place and smile at the small (very small) touches I have added to make this place my own, however temporary it may be. Lovely! I also think Bishop is a fine accessory for your home as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp - you painted the laundry room! And I was such a fan of that electric lime popsicle on a hot July day...maybe at waterworld.

    Other than that, I adore your photos and want to follow suit.

    ReplyDelete