Much ado about whims and fancies.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Three Dozen Eggs

So...

We get dairy products delivered to our doorstep every Wednesday--our usual a gallon of 1% and a dozen eggs. However, if we leave a note for the milkman requesting something different, we can get that instead--say a block of cheese or some yogurt, if you will.

Well, for the past three weeks, A and I have forgotten to leave a note, meaning that we've got two and a half gallons of milk and three dozen eggs in our fridge. May I ask WTF one does with 36 eggs?! I mean, I can pretend I'm Gaston all day long...



...but I ain't eatin' no eggs raw. And I love cereal just as much as the next person, but two and a half gallons of milk?! Needless to say, we're in trouble.

I'm imagining this week's meal menu...




 

Lunch (with beverage):


 

Dinner (with beverage):



 

Don't get me wrong, all of the above look delicious. BUT they also look like they'd cause a MASSIVE stomach ache. So maybe we do what A suggested and pretend it's Easter by hiding them all. Granted, I'm not a fan of "egg smell," so we'd better not.

What I'm getting at is that you all should do us a favor by suggesting how A and I might either consume and/or get rid of said dairy excess. Judging from the expiration dates, we've got a couple weeks, but you know...we wouldn't wanna risk it. So ASAP, por favor.

Thanks.

And happy hump day to you guys! I say you take that bad self of yours out for a walk today. You know, notice the turning leaves and the crisp air and whatnot. Maybe with a glass of milk in hand, say from our TWO AND HALF GALLON SUPPLY?!

I'll take my bad self out, too. Maybe make an egg creation for all to see...


2 comments:

  1. You have a MILK MAN?! I'm so jealous. That's adorable! I didn't even know such things still existed.

    But I can definitely see how milk and eggs might get out of hand. I think it's funny that you mentioned chocolate milk in your last post. Maybe you should drink a bunch??

    Then again, if I was in such a predicament, I would bake... a lot... cakes, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, anything that includes milk and eggs... and have a bake sale? Or share it with coworkers? Or send some to Arkansas (where temps are still in the 90s, ugh!)?? ;) Either way, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking requires eggs. I think you should do some serious baking and give your delicious treats out for gifts. You would kill two birds with one stone...getting rid of your eggs and making someone's day bright. You could also make an egg souffle to share with your coworkers in the morning. I have a super easy recipe which uses many an egg. Nothing says happy Monday like a souffle. I have also heard you can freeze egg yolks for up to 4 months. Not sure if this is legitimate, but you could investigate. I think you have to crack the eggs into some sort of freezer safe container. You could also make other food items that do not necessarily have an egg as the star. Such items include: French Toast, Fried Rice...Hope this helps. It all sounds pretty EGG-citing.

    ReplyDelete