Much ado about whims and fancies.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holidaze


Tomorrow is our company's holiday party, and I have to say, I'm kind of excited about it :)

We've got some catered food happening, a white elephant gift exchange, beer and wine, and the winners of the company art exhibit will be announced! Which I'm thrilled went over as well as it did. I've been hearing such good things about displaying employees' art in the work place, mainly that it added to the already good morale at our company by increasing everyone's sociability and personability, for it gave everyone something to talk about! And this time of year carries with it such a warm and happy atmosphere anyway (Right now I can hear laughter all the way from the other end of the office). And our made-over cubicle walls! Don't even get me started...Perhaps we'll make it an annual type deal???

So that's all the good stuff. The not-so-good stuff is that my brother and some friends and I signed up for a marathon relay in January...and I'm outta shape. Why is it SO. HARD. to work out in the winter, I ask? My motivation has run far far away, it's freezing outdoors, and I'm so tiredddddd this time of year. Basically that adds up to me blowing off exercise. I know, I know, just last week I was bragging about our EA Sports Active videogame. Welp, this week I'm UNbragging...I think my issue is that I don't enjoy exercising alone. I don't have enough drive, myself, to get my butt in gear, but if someone else were working out with me, well then...Any volunteers???

Let's go back to the good stuff. It is Christmas-time afterall. Oh my gosh, it's Christmas NEXT WEEK! Good God, can you believe it???

I wanna make a point these next few days to look at Christmas lights. You know, really enjoy them. I wanna take a moment to breathe in the cold air, let it make my eyes water so that the lights twinkle and blur, and then breathe out a foggy Christmas cloud...

...and then whisper a quiet, "Happy birthday, Jesus."

Wishing you all the best holiday ever :)

*image from http://3-times-l.tumblr.com/page/5

1 comment:

  1. Motivation is hard to come by during winter for sure. My sis and I were doing so well a month ago jogging nearly every day after work. I even accomplished an entire mile one day without stopping for a break. But now -- it's too cold outside and we agreed to work out at home by ourselves... and I have to admit I haven't even begun. Not to mention, I feel so busy with the holidays. If I lived nearby, I'd totally come over for a game of workout. lol

    In the meantime, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete