Much ado about whims and fancies.

Monday, December 20, 2010

One Year Anny!

Whoda thunk that these two crazy characters...



...were capable of something so beautiful...



...LOVE.

(Sap on top of sap on top of sap, I know :-/
What can I say? I love me some cheese, hehe).


This past weekend marked A's and my one year wedding anniversary,
yet I feel like we've just now begun something incredible.



Our first year of marriage was blissfully honeymoon-like. Though we had our fair share of troublesome moments--finding little time for each other amidst our busy work schedules, the responsibilities of a house and bills and dog, and--putting the two together--being distracted by our various responsibilities during the little time we shared together--we've arrived at a blessed place. 



Every day my husband inspires me--with his kindness, his generosity, his soulfullness, his intelligence, and, most of all, his overwhelming ability to love. That one there--love--he embodies that word and then puts it into action as though his heart knows no different. He spoils me to no end--cooking, cleaning, playing with my hair, telling me he loves me every time he talks to me. He's truly the best person I've ever known.
And he loves me?! Maybe he really is crazy ;)



For reals though, he's been my best example of the human being I want to be.
He shows me how it's done.



And I'll be going straight to heaven for marrying this one :)


On this occasion of our first year anniversary, I can't help feeling like we're just floating down a lazy river, basking in the gift of another beautiful day, happy to be in each other's company...It's that easy. And right.



And if you're anything like A and I, we like to celebrate things of that nature.

SO THE WARES WENT TO BOULDER!



We spent a good amount of time on Pearl Street,
shopping and eating
and generally freezing our patooties off,
but despite the cold temps, it was fun to revisit our old stomping grounds.
God bless you, Blue Skies, Boulder Bookstore, Bliss, Common Era, and Paper Doll :)


Then we dressed to the 10s and went to dinner at Boulder's finest--Flagstaff House.



We sat right next to a panoramic window that overlooked Boulder's city lights,
and good Lord was it romantic! Everything was a'twinkling!


For starters, I had this incredible salad with
golden beets, roasted pistachios, sauteed chard, and goat cheese.
IN. CRED. I. BLE.
I'd eat it everyday if I could.
And A had this creamy gnocchi that melted in your mouth!



For my main course, I tried a new fish
--John Dory: a really thin, white, and mellow-flavored filet--
that was crispy on the outside
and served overtop sauteed spinach and HASHBROWNS!
I could not stop eating it, it was so good.
And A had the filet mignon, that "cut like butter,"
and so was promptly deemed "Top Eats."

The food was GASTRONOMICALLY superior,
the atmosphere ROMANTICALLY supreme,
and our happiness levels ASTRONOMICALLY blissful...

...so we were clearly tuckered out by 8PM.

Which is why we spent the night at the Westminster Westin Hotel...







...and then ordered room service for breakfast ;)



Though we may not always have the time or resources to make such wonderful anniversary plans,
I hope we always find a moment to stop and look at each other,
say, "I love you,"
and then kiss like it's the first in our married lives...



To the beautiful human being that is my husband--
A, I love you now and forever. Like whoa.
XOXOXOX
<3


2 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS! Happy Anniversary, you love birds! And room service?! I'm so jealous. Don't worry, you'll always make time for anniversaries. It just somehow works out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you two! I am glad you spoiled yourself and I am even gladder that you find time amongst the business of life to slow down and reflect upon a year's worth of memories. Slainte!

    Love me

    ReplyDelete