Much ado about whims and fancies.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

PART 2: New and Improved 2011 WishList!

Time to get wishy-washy!
Er, just wishy, that is.

1. I want to rekindle my relationship with God. If that means going to weekly services, going on a retreat, or better yet, adopting a daily practice of some sort, then so be it. Are you guys familiar with Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam" painting? God is stretching as best He can to touch Adam, yet Adam isn't even trying to reach God (brathole). Well, I'm Adam. And it's high time I make an effort to reach God, once and for all. What do y'all do to get friendly with the High and Mighty?


2. Create art! My company's employee art show really inspired me. The variety of vision! I believe art is unique in its ability to stretch the mind beyond regular, boring consciousness, and I believe that creating art, myself, will nurture good mojo. Not to mention, since Christmas, I've come into some major art supplies! Perhaps I'll not keep a lick of what I make, but rather gift it all! Now that's major mojo!

3. I really, really, really wanna visit more museums. A couple months ago, when my friend A was in town, we went to the Denver Art Museum, and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing new things and reading the artworks' captions. I've missed learning! I guess it's because I don't know much, so I've got a lot of brain space to fill ;) Add to my 2011 itinerary the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, and Toys, the Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, and maybe even the Four Mile Historic Park's Living History Days, to see what a day in the life of a Colorado pioneer was like!

4. I want to be one of those people with a permanent smile. You know the type--even as their face rests, they look like they're smiling; they exude happiness, always look refreshed, and seem to have nothing but nice things to say. Basically, I want to embody the surface of water--sparkling and fluid. So I guess that'd make my 2011 motto: "I feel pretty! Oh, so pretty! I feel pretty and witty and bright!"


5. I want to play more! Not take things so seriously. This past year, living an "adult" life of house chores, bills, pets, and errands, I got caught up in the "to dos." This next year, I hope to have more fun. You know, laugh easily, be sillier, goofier, dance like no one's watching...


 ...I guess that's not a stretch. :-/

6. I want to get more involved in my various social circles--with my coworkers, with my Colorado friends, with my long-distance friends, with my family. After-work drinks? Doggie playdates? E-mail marathons? Weekly dinners with the fam? Yes, yes, yes, and YES!

7. This next year, I'm gonna take more interest in my teeth and feet. You read right--teeth and feet. I'm gonna floss, I'm gonna gargle, I'm gonna whiten, and maybe, just maybe, I'll start wearing my lip-bumper to bed (Sorry, husband). And my poor feetsies! I swear I'll soak em this year and scrub em and lotion em and paint their nails! Pretty feet are mine to be had!



8. I'm not expecting our bank account to burst with spending money any time soon, so I want to make the most of 2011 by taking faux-vacations--if that means eating more ethnic food, taking day-trips to various parts of Colorado, learning phrases in other languages, or watching foreign films, then faux-travel I shall! Yeah! Ja! Si! Oui!

9. This one, no doubt, is gonna be easier said than done, but--I want to pause and take deep breaths. Frequently. Writing this 2011 Wish List, I'm struck, yet again, by how lightning fast time flies. This year's over? Already?! Mama mia sopapilla! If years are gonna slip through my fingers anyway, I at least want to notice their passing. I want to pause, take a deep breath, look around me, and then make a mental note of the moment. And I wanna do it ev-er-y-day. "Good luck, Chuck," you say? Why, thank you kindly :)

10. Leaving the most worrisome for last--I want to cook more. Thanks to A, I'm no longer scared of the kitchen. I actually feel comfortable making a variety of foods and can claim fame for a handful of delicious items--oatmeal pancakes, egg scrambles, boxed macaroni & cheese ;) But there's much to be tried and tested, and let's be honest, leftovers are the best, so...Joy of Cooking, here I come! Unless, of course, you'd all like to send me your favorites recipes, yes?

Now stop your dilly-dallying and
tell me what you're wishing for in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to wanting to play more and cook more -- totally. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you need a foot pampering partner, I'm here for you! Also, partaking in more social activities happens to be one of my NY resolutions too, and I vote we involve each other! Hope the NY is treating you well my dear! See you soon :-)

    ReplyDelete