Much ado about whims and fancies.

Monday, November 23, 2009

STUFFING! (and other stomach-related matters)



First of all, what do you think of my blog's fancy-shmanciness?! Like a new hair-cut for my blog. I'm in love...

But on to less fanciful matters! (As if).

Woohoo for this 3 day work week! Come Wednesay, I'm gonna skip out of the office building, screaming, "Sayonara UCC, I've got some eatin to do!" Well, I'll probably just say it under my breath and be done with it, but still! At exactly 5PM on Wednesday, I'll be giddy with the gobs of grub to come! (How brilliant was that "gobs of grub" bit? Thank you, thank you...) I'm gonna stuff myself with stuffing, people! (Sounds painful, doesn't it? It might be :-/ ). What is everyone's favorite dish at Thanksgiving? Mine is obviously stuffing, though it's not the stuffing you're thinking of (though that stuff IS deliciousness in a dish). I take some cranberry sauce, some buttered roll, some green bean casserole, some mashed potatoes, some corn, some salad, and some stuffing and whip it all up nice and good until I've created an entire Thanksgiving dinner in one bite. (For all those out there who don't let their food groups touch...this isn't for you). I tell you what, my concoction brings new meaning to the word "stuffing." Try it for yourselves this year (but make sure someone bigger and stronger than you is nearby in case the Heimlich is in order).

Oh, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, how I love thee. Is it not one of the better holidays? Getting together with our closest friends and family, saying what we're thankful for, and sharing a FEAST (after which we take a nap, wake up only to eat seconds, and then nap again, dreaming of all the blessings in our bellies). I am beside myself just thinking about it! (So what if Thanksgiving makes me weepy?) I have so much to be thankful for this year! Don't you? I say we take this saying what we're thankful for bit beyond the dinner table. Let's make this a Thanksgiving week of sorts. I'm gonna make sure the people who I'm thankful for know I'm thankful for them (my smart, goofy, and thoughtful fiance; my generous and supportive parents; my funny and outgoing brother; my  fiercely loyal and riotous friends...), and I'm gonna make sure the things I'm thankful for don't get taken for granted (our warm and comfortable house that has lots of natural light and smells like laundry; my job that not only pays the bills, but also allows me to see my dad and brother every day...) There's so much to say thank you for, I say we get after it!

But right after the Daily Dose of Dillies, of course, that being WINE!

As many of you know, A and I are going to Napa Valley for our honeymoon, so it's no surprise we like wine. However, this Daily Dose of Dillies ain't just about how wine gets my tastebuds in a flavor-tastic frenzy or how wine buzzes are sleepy and slow and so perfect for wintry evenings in front of the fire. No, this is about the statement that wine makes! As if its presence dubs the day "an occasion." This is about the fact that one bottle of wine is not just begging to be, but it's meant to be shared! It's a bringer-together-beverage...er. And it's a sipper (not meant for Flip Cup and Beer Pong), which means it should be imbibed slowly (not exactly binge-appropriate), which means it provides room for conversation (which I can vouch is true time time and again! Or bottle for bottle, rather). I've really come to appreciate it, the adult of the alcohol family. Maybe set up shop with that special person (Or a group of friends, for that matter. It's the holidays, ain't it? Have some people over!) and pop a bottle, huh? Tell me where I'm wrong...

*image from http://media.photobucket.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment