Much ado about whims and fancies.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dreamages and Imageams



*http://www.fineartstockphotography.com/


"What we think, we become."--Buddha

I'm remembering my dreams more than usual these days. Because of that, this post is about dreams and images as well as dreams in images with a pinch of dreamlike images even...hope you enjoy :)

On my drive home yesterday evening, stopped at a stoplight, I looked towards a frost-covered golf course and saw this pond--it was reflecting the orange sunset, making the water look on fire.

Last night I dreamt about a massive, goblin statue falling off an old brick building. A girl walked towards it to investigate when it revealed its true self--a hot air balloon. The girl grabbed onto the goblin's leg in an effort to keep it from floating away, but it lifted off the ground, her dangling from its foot, and disappeared into the sky.

I once dreamt about swinging from the rafters of an old house like they were monkey bars, the half-peeled roof revealing the black night sky. If I swung just high enough, my toes could feel the heat of the stars.

Driving through Kansas on a Fall night, I looked out the window to see an orange light moving through the fields. A tractor. A glowing pumpkin.

Laying on the couch, I looked up at the ceiling--the swirling brushstrokes dispersing the lamp's yellow light--and swore I felt the sun.

Looking out the window at the winter sky--the thick and heavy clouds moving quickly, their silvery bottoms no doubt full of snow--I saw a bluebird. It was flying low, sailing, letting the storm carry its tiny wings.

P.S.Pray tell me what YOU'VE been dreaming lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment