Much ado about whims and fancies.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Turning Things Around...


*image from http://spacingmontreal.ca/

Please excuse my, as-of-late, out-of-sorts-self (and if you could excuse all those hyphenates, too, that'd be great). It's a downer, dishing about my "funk," so I can only imagine what a downer it is to read about it. Shall we toast to my apologies and cheers to being on the up-and-up?! It is Friday, after all.

Speaking of it being Friday, the door man at the office building where I work said "Happy Friday" to me as I got on the elevator. In the 9 months that I've worked here, which equates to roughly 36 Fridays, he's never once said "Happy Friday." We're talking about an unprecedented event here, people! Also, this cashier I talk to every week usually sends a gajillion pages of paperwork at one time. But today? Today she only sent 3 pages! Yet another unprecedented event! So many firsts happening this Friday!

Which made me realize that, in actuality, every day holds unprecedented events. No two days are exactly alike. Now, if that's not something to pull me out of this too-patterned rut, I don't know what is! That right there--the fact that all I have to do to switch up the routine or change the flavor of the week is pay attention and acknowledge and appreciate those unprecedented events, those differences in my days--is exactly the medicine I needed. So thank you, door man and cashier, you've done more for me on this Friday than you can imagine. On my way back to my budding self :)

Daily Dose of Dillies: the Next Blog button on Blogger.com

I think I may have made this a Daily Dose of Dillies before, but a second-take is necessary. Just to bring everyone up to speed, Blogger.com has a "next blog" button at the top of their blogsites, which allegedly connects you to other same-interest and/or like-minded blogs. I say "allegedly" because, well, the "next blog" button keeps bringing me to blogs such as "Memoirs of a Mommy" (yipes!) and/or family-photo-album-esque type websites. But mostly, Blogger.com links my blog to foodie and baking blogs--for example "The Little Gastronomy" or "Getting Out of My Head: Food Version" or "Food Is Good: I Am What I Eat"--which I find a little bit hilarious and yet a little bit disconcerting. Though I thoroughly enjoy a good meal, I do not cook nor do I TALK about cooking in my blog, so you understand my confusion. However, I DO like seeing all the pretty pictures of cakes and quiches and donuts and pastas and cupcakes and  breads and scones and fudges AND AND AND!!! So maybe that's where Blogger's head is at? Either way, that there "next blog" button has been keeping life interesting over here (and mouth-watering!). Give her a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment