Much ado about whims and fancies.

Monday, November 9, 2009

A Case of the Mondays With a Side of Story

It's Monday, which means I'm tired and incapable of producing anything worthwhile, so please excuse the short, short, SHORT entry; the least I could do for you is a dollop of dilly...
Daily Dose of Dillies: Eavesdropping.


I've always been one to listen in where I'm not invited. But it was a Naropa professor who told me to take my bad manners to the next level and document overheard bits of convo. Here are some of the gems I've captured:

(a guy hitting on a girl) "You're the second coming of Jesus."

"I'm gorgeous inside."

(a chef ordering chicken over the phone) "I'm a thigh guy, so I always wanted a thigh with my breast."

"I get free food. Did I tell you I get free food? I get free food."

"He didn't answer me, so I was like that's a yes."

"He dated her for 4 years? Ew, how wrong."
"Talk about being someone's bitch."

"Do you guys have gift cards? Or gift certificates?"
"Yes, we have gift cards."
"Super doodie, super doodie."

"We're all the same in different ways."

and the most pertinent of all: "Mondays always ruin the weekend."

P.S. Who all wants a Bassett Hound now?...I do.

* image from http://www.pageonepr.com/blog/tag/monitoring/

No comments:

Post a Comment