Much ado about whims and fancies.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday's Trickeries

* image from http://images.paraorkut.com/

Regarding the newly-initiated "Terrible Tuesday"--

I hate to lambaste a harmless day of the week, but Tuesdays really are terrible, aren't they? They're really no different than Monday (in that the weekend is still depressingly far off), so I mean, why even exist if all you're doing is poaching your identity from another day? Perhaps that was a bit harsh, but clearly I'm confused about Tuesday's importance. Aren't you, too?

Even my sleepy brain knew there was nothing to look forward to today (as it's Tuesday, you see), for it made me hit the snooze button three times this morning. THREE TIMES! If I ever hit the snooze button, it's only once. See, I'm a morning person. Mornings don't bother me. Getting out of bed and ready for the day doesn't bother me. But Tuesdays...well now, that's a different story. Everything changes when it's Terrible Tuesday...for the worst.

My coffee wouldn't stay hot, as Tuesday wouldn't allow my brain to understand the tricky operations of my 1-switch electric hot plate. I forgot to bring my vitamins to work because Tuesday cast a forgetful stupor over me. My banana was too brown to eat, no doubt because Tuesday got to work before me and tossed it around a bit (that banana-beater, Tuesday). And it's only 10AM! Fact is, Tuesday's got it in for me, and because my mind and body are wrecked from Tuesday's antics, I'm not gonna do anything about it but bitch and moan (which is really kinda fun now that I'm on a roll...)

Would you care to join??? I say we show this Tuesday character what it's got coming to it--us having fun at its expense. Mwahahaha.

P.S. Because Tuesday is terrible, here's a link to make you feel anything BUT...
http://youareremarkable.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/stars/

No comments:

Post a Comment