Much ado about whims and fancies.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Another Steal

*image from https://secure.emcyber.com/

Ok, so I'm a bit embarrassed to reference yet another blog and reveal my obsessive daily reading selections, but I can't help mentioning Kendall's, at I Can Do Lots of Things, recent Foodie Friday dish worth dishing about--Chinese Food Casserole! Get a load of this, people. So, apparently whenever Kendall's family had Chinese food leftovers, her dad would compile them all into one casserole dish, stir up the concoction nice and good, and then bake it! Can you imagine the ridiculousness of such a thing?! I am SO trying this this weekend. My mind's already playing out the situation...

Me: "Love, we're ordering Chinese food tonight."
A (looking up from his doctory books like a deer in the headlights (the look he gives me when I claim I won't be cooking dinner but that Qdoba or Fortune Kitchen will be)):  "Yes! I'm so in the mood for that!"
Me (as if bored with the whole conversation):  "Well, actually we won't be eating it tonight. We're just ordering it tonight. We're eating it tomorrow."
A (with an open "wha?" mouth):  "That doesn't make any sense."
Me:  "Neither does a Chinese Food Casserole, but that doesn't stop us from making one, now does it?!"

I'll be my own fortune cookie on this one and prophesize that after this weekend's hotdish, I'll be getting a little more respect in the kitchen!

P.S. Starbucks has a new beverage out--one Dark Chocolate Cherry Mocha. You like cordial cherries? Go get yourself one PRONTO! De.lish. Mmm. Lapped that baby up in no time.

What's YOUR favorite coffee/espresso/tea drink?

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I found your blog through your comment on Nat the Fat Rat's blog. Your answers to her questions totally cracked me up. Plus, I LOVE your name! ;) (My name is Erin too) So I had to roam on over here and check out your blog. Needless to say, I'm following you now. :)

    As for my favorite drink... there are SO MANY that I love, but my typical "default" drink is Caramel Macchiato. When I don't know what else to get, it's always there for me. Yum!

    ReplyDelete