Much ado about whims and fancies.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wicky, wicky, wild, wild Wednesday!

*image from http://weather.missouri.edu/ROCS/DSC00004.JPG

1) It's a blizzard outside, and I can't stop craving DQ.

2) My best friend just told me how sorry she was that I had an awful Tuesday. I feel the need to explain. Terrible Tuesday is simply my excuse to rant. I'm not really a Whiney McWhinerson, and I'm definitely not down in the dumps, so pray don't get the wrong idea about me. I'm really quite positive most of the time. I guess I just find it funny to feign "flying off the handle." But all is in jest. Granted, it IS true that Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week, so there could be, might be the tiniest, itty-bittiest kernel of truth to it all. Eek! I've just gone and confused us all, haven't I?

3) Please excuse the numbered list format. I have a disfunction where if I start a list, I have to finish the list. It's like, the minute I lay down a 1, my fingers can't help but follow with 2, 3, and so on and so forth. Like I said--disfunction. I can't help myself. Sorry :(

4) My best friend from Baltimore visited me this past weekend. I have to say, it was just so lovely to see her and feel as though we picked up right where we left off. Which got me thinking--it's wild how few people know me know me. And it's wilder that those few people are all dispersed across the U.S. Which then made me wonder, do we really and truly know each other know each other then? I mean, isn't being all caught up on the details and happenings of each other's daily lives part of it? Or does the everday have nothing to do with really knowing a person? All I can figure is that I need to regularly write and call my long-distance friends. I need to show them I need them, make sure they know I think about them and love them.

5) In case you didn't know, I'm big on self-improvement. I love Sark books, I love introspective questionnaires, and I looove "A New Earth"--anything that gets me walking in the right direction really. Which brings me to the fact that I didn't go to confession last night. I haven't been in YEARS. For no good reason really. Simply because my mother didn't want to go alone, I said I'd go with her. But then the whole winter storm thing happened and our fear for our physical well-being trumped our fear for our spiritual well-being. So we stayed home and watched the snow outside the house build up and up and up. Now, I was slightly relieved I didn't have to confess my shortcomings, but I was kind of sad, too. I mean, I went to the lengths of examining my conscience, for crying out loud! Which was really quite insightful, considering my unhappinesses with myself came to mind quickly, as though I've known them for awhile. I've got to put some time into my faith life. I've got to volunteer. I've certainly gotta watch my language--the swearing, the gossiping (I can still talk about what a poor dancer Kate Gosselin is though, right? No? Oh...). And I've gotta say thank you more often--to God, to my family, to my husband, to my friends! There is so damn (I mean DANG!) much to be thankful for! Isn't this world something else? It's fabulous! Even this friggin' blizzard has something heavenly about it. So yeah...that.


5) The three Erins are hosting a blog carnival on March 31st! You'll find my entry and links to their entries all right here on FOWWE (The ridiculous and unmemorable acronym for my blog. I believe it's pronounced Fow-Wee, like wowee.) So yes, please be here next Wednesday! These girls gots it goin on!
 
6) There's a new Daily Dose of Dillies!

7) After yesterday's entry about not showering and dressing poorly, I want you all to know that I showered TODAY! Woohoo, right?! So fresh and so clean! Who'd like to smell my soapy skin? Creepy? Yeah, maybe. Then who'd like to smell my hair? No? Still creepy? Oh. Well then please take a moment to imagine my hygienic appearance from where you sit. You're welcome :)

8) Tell me what's happening where you are weather-wise. How is it beautiful?

P.S. Today's title hearkens back to Will Smith's Wild, Wild West song. Love me that "wicky" word, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. 1) DQ is good ALL year.
    2) Mondays are my Tuesday. Hope yours is good this week.
    3) I love lists too.
    4) Hubs is my best friend and he knows knows me.
    5) I haven't been to confession in a year. I need to go soon.
    6) Blog carnival - YAY! My email is erinbery@hotmail.com
    7) Dillies - YAY!
    8) You smell lovely. ;) LoL
    9) Weather is beautiful!! It's spring!! Flowers are everywhere. The sun is shining and it's warm. I love it!
    10) Thanks for the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete