Much ado about whims and fancies.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello, August! See you soon, Fall!


Lately, I've been daydreaming of Fall...



...trees on fire...





...gray skies and brisk winds...



...sweaters and scarves...







...covering up and snuggling in.


I'm starting to think that my obsession with Fall can be likened to my obsession with sad songs.
Fall's landscape is so brilliant. The changing colors immediately catch your eye and draw you in.
Yet Fall is austere, too--branches baring themselves while people cover up.

All seems cold and dark, save for a burning red tree on a hill.

The sparks of life seem harder to find
and are lonelier when found...




While I may be having dreams in yellow and red,
summer's only half over, and I've got a lot of chilled white wine left to drink!
So I'd better pull back my hair, roll up my sleeves, put my naked toesies up on a table,
and bask in the heat of these moments.
Cause, afterall, Fall's right around the corner.
I'd hate not to earn it.


What's your favorite thing about your favorite season?

2 comments:

  1. *Sigh* I love summer. I really do, despite the excessive AR heat. But you have absolutely succeeded in making me long for fall too.

    I've never known for sure whether I like spring or fall best because both seasons are so extremely pleasant to me. The temps are between 60° and 80° during both seasons and all the colors are just amazing. Spring makes me feel lively and happy. Fall makes me feel peaceful and calm.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOO! I'm not ready to think about the end of summer! (if that answers your question) ;)

    Autumn is a time for change. And when it doesn't happen I take it hard.

    ReplyDelete