Much ado about whims and fancies.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Friend's Brilliant Words

Because my friend A is a shyster when it comes to posting comments on my blog (I can't say I know her to be a shyster in any other capacity), I'll post her comments myself! I just so enjoyed what she had to say regarding her "quiet-time activity"..

"The other day on your bloggie poo, you asked what do we do to quiet our minds. I had no idea what I do to be quiet. It really got me thinking. When do I devote time to being quiet? To rejuvenating? The fact that I couldn't immediately think of something was very telling. I do not spend enough time being quiet with just myself, though I realized that I am quiet when cooking. When I am cooking, it is the only thing I am thinking about. And I don't mind doing it alone--taking my time, chopping, peeling, measuring. It's very fulfilling. I like preparing a meal for others to enjoy, knowing that in an hour or two I am going to be sitting down with people I love. It makes me feel at peace."




Wow, huh? The way she described how she feels when cooking gave me such a peaceful image. And the fact that her "quiet-time activity" results in filling others' tummies and hearts is beautiful. What a doofus for not posting her comments sooner, right?

It's not only uplifting to hear how others put themselves at peace, but it's also inspiring. I can't say I've ever experienced "peace" when cooking, but then again, I've never approached cooking in a way other than "hurry up and make this meal so that you can get on to other things." A has made me think twice about my attitude in the kitchen, and I thank her for that. Tonight I'll take it easy while cooking and attempt to see that 1/2 hour or so as restful, though focused, time with myself. Cause I'll tell ya one thing, whatever A's got going for her, her cooking is fabulous. Now I know why :)


P.S. Pray don't keep your comments to yourselves, lovely readers. I'd hate to think you're withholding gems like this one...

P.P.S. Tomorrow's Friday!

P.P.P.S. (<--which I'm not even sure exists) The BLOG CARNIVAL about vision boards will commence Monday, September 6th! Until then, I'll be M.I.A. Stay tuned, beautiful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment